Downloading and Installing
Download the zip or tar file from the buttons at the top of the page and unpack and type make in the base directory of the midifile package. Or if you use git, download on the terminal with these commands:
git pull https://github.com/craigsapp/midifile cd midifile make
- Event timestamps can be converted between absolute or delta tick values with the and functions.
- In absolute tick mode, messages can be inserted into tracks in any order and later sorted by timestamp with the function.
- Multi-track files can be converted to a single track in a reversible process.
- Event performance times in seconds can be calculated from tick times and tempo meta messages with the function.
- Durations of notes can be extracted using the function.